Re: [RFC] m68k: Update defconfigs for v3.9

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 05:55:55PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 1:51 PM, Laurent Vivier <Laurent@vivier.eu> wrote:
> > I don't know if it is related to this, but after compiling the kernel
> > 3.10.0-rc2 from Geert defconfig branch, I'm able to boot close to the end of
> > init level 2 and then my screen is filled by "unexpected interrupt 112" and
> > I can't do anything more. Any idea ?
>
> Thanks for testing!
>
> vector 112 is interrupt 28 (112 / 4 = 28).
> That's a PSC3 interrupt, which is not listed in arch/m68k/include/asm/macints.h?
> It's also not used by the SCC driver, from the platform device setup in
> arch/m68k/mac/config.c.

That's odd. The Q800 doesn't have a PSC, so it shouldn't be possible to
generate any PSC interrupts. If it was a serial problem, I'd expect to
see a PSC4 IRQ like 33 or 34. I know there was a hack at one point to
fake the separate IRQ lines for the two ports on the non-PSC systems in
order to make some of the logic common, but I thought that was taken out.
That was one way a non-PSC system used to get (fake) PSC interrupts.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com