Re: linux 3.8.12-1 (atari flavour) does not boot

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 09:29:11PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Geert Uytterhoeven dixit:
>
> >Kernel images fail to boot on Atari if they're bigger than 4 MiB.
>
> OK, thanks. What about the others (amiga, bvme*, mac, two mvme*)?
>
> Who’s in charge of the Debian kernel configs (IIRC Stephen Marenka
> and Wouter Verhelst)? Or otherwise, could the Debian Linux kernel
> team and you Geert work together on getting configs done that boot
> on each subarch and “make sense”? (I could probably hack on it
> until it’s small enough, but my kernel skillz have mostly not
> gone past the Linux 2.0 era…)
>
> Whoever it’ll be, please talk to each other, people ;)

As m68k is not a release architecture, I don't care much what goes
in debian/config/m68k (well, it had better not break gencontrol.py).
Whatever the m68k porters come up with is fine.

If there is an initramfs-supporting bootloader for Atari now, you
could drop a whole lot of built-in stuff.  But let me guess, does
that 4 MB limit include the initramfs too?

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
                                                              - Albert Camus