Re: buildds screwed?

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 01:05:39PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> >> Could be a kernel issue with '060s.
> >
> > Thats what I want to hear! And now that our kernel hacker is listening, what
> > can we do to track this down and fix it?
>
> If there are no problems with older kernels, you can try to bisect it.

Ingo, what was the last working one, something from etch, 2.6.something I
guess?

> Is it easy to trigger?

No, unfortunately(?) not. I have the impression it happens more often when
the load is high (or maybe when swap is used), but I don't have any proof
for that. Sometimes every buildd-[uploader|watcher] fails a few times in a
row, and then again everything runs smoothly for days.

Christian