Re: Which initrd for network install on Amiga?

Wouter Verhelst dixit:

>I've been thinking about creating a CD image. It looks somewhat complex,
>and would require me to have a full mirror; but if we make sure that it
>contains all the required files to debootstrap off, that would give
>people something to install from. And with the nativehd variant, you
>don't even have to burn a CD-ROM to be able to install.

Interesting idea.

The repository I put on freewrt.org/~tg/ contains enough for
bootstrapping, although I’ve not updated it with new packages
since the buildds started working (because my workflow involved
putting the packages I built into that directory as well as
uploading them, and I don’t have a workflow for getting buildd-
built packages into it), which though is not a problem since
it’s basically a – proved working – snapshot of the “core” of
unstable+unreleased at some point in time.

Feel free to start from it.

After debootstrapping from it, one can just apt-get update
and apt-get dist-upgrade normally (provided both unstable
and unreleased are in the sources.list).

bye,
//mirabilos
--
[DJBDNS Zone] TTL 86400 – <Natureshadow> kann man da auch 1d schreiben?
<mirabilos> nö, außerdem kann ein Deutscher oder ein Japaner mit 1d