Re: Zero Divide in Kernel 3.12-rc4

Am 20.10.2013 um 12:10 schrieb Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>:

> However, the addresses and the code above don't match the kernel image in
> linux-3.12.0-rc4-amiga-m68k.tar.gz?
> Can we get the image somewhere?

I can give you access to the VM with the (patched) kernel source where I crosscompiled the image. Just send me your SSH pubkey...
When it helps, here's the binary tarball: https://silverhaze.org/public.php?service=files&t=4701b07462fbbe06516b9433f3084e4c

> Apart from that, since the division is:
>
>                /* be careful ... don't want any overflows */
>                u64 factor = scmd->device->sector_size / 512;
>                do_div(start_lba, factor);
>                do_div(end_lba, factor);
>
> (yes, the "u64 factor" is the issue without Andreas's fix), it could still be
> an ESP bug, if scmd->device->sector_size turns out to be less than 512
> (e.g. 0).

At least this time the filesystem survived the kernel crash. Maybe Michael can have a look at the source as well when the sun rises in *.nz... ;)

--
Ciao...            //      Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo       \X/       http://blog.windfluechter.net

gpg pubkey:  http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.asc