Re: Linux kernel 3.12-0-rc4 on Akire running

Hi Christian,

But I should check-out Ingo's kernel on aahz. Any chance that the patches
will make it into the official kernel?

Eventually, I'd say. Tuomas didn't maker any changes to the ESP core so even if we cannot figure out how to properly disable tagged queueing, the hack can live in the Amiga Zorro driver (unless Geert strictly objects).

Right now, the driver is in a bit of a sorry state - I just shoehorned Tuomas' code (based on my early driver which only had support for one or two types of boards) into my tree (which had evolved to add definitions for all known Zorro ESP boards). I need to redo this properly.

I'm off for a conference next week, and will face busy times at work for the next weeks after my return. Unless I can make rapid progress merging the two variants, it may be best to submit the patch Ingo used to linux-m68k for review.

I know, I had promised to clean up a number of other pending drivers for review long ago. Unfortunately, the Kiwi tendency to improvise even high tech stuff with their beloved number eight wire has kept me in firefighting mode for the past half year, with little hope for that to change in the next months. That is just work - having a toddler entering the 'terrible twos' at home fully takes care of the rest.

Anyway, I shouldn't complain - without Tuomas' debugging work none of this would have come anywhere near as far.

Cheers,

	Michael

Christian