Re: Cleaning up the list of packages being built on the buildds

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 11:18:57PM +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Hello!
>
> elgar has had some problems in the past days when Ingo and I were trying
> to update the kernel from 3.2.0 to 3.10. This resulted in a few packages
> failed to built. Unfortunately, elgar couldn't report back the status
> of these packages and therefore these are still listed as "Building":
>

> http://buildd.debian-ports.org/status/package.php?p=check-mk,klavaro,eglibc,esperanza,libfm,lxpanel,suricata&suite=sid
>
> Can someone instruct me on how to mark these packages as failed? Wouter
> mentioned using the wanna-build command, but I have no idea which
> machine I need to log on to do that.
>
> It would be nice to get a short howto for dummies so I can do it
> myself in the future and other, who don't know how to, too :).

It should be possible to do this as the buildd user on elgar, but I always
do this by replying to the emails from the buildd, or creating a new email
with an adjusted subject line. Just make sure that the subject has the
package name and version that is registered and giveback or fail the
package, for example with a message like this (but with an email address
that actually reaches your buildd), for example like this:

To: buildd@crest
Subject: Re: Log for failed build of linphone_3.6.1-2 on m68k (dist=sid)

giveback

Christian