Re: Getting the ol' Macintosh LC475 modernized

On 20/08/13 11:03, Scott Holder wrote:

I do not know whether an LC475 is even supported.

In general, the LC475 is considered unsupported only because it came
with a 68LC040 with very broken FPU originally. Swapping it for a full
68040 with a full FPU (which I did) should make it run fine. I ran this
very box as my primary mail/web/ftp/dns/etc server for several years in
the late 90s and early 2000s using Woody and Sarge. It'd be a shame if
newer kernels lost support for it somehow, but progress marches on :)

Scott

I had 2 that worked with 2.6.?? and CPU swap. I have 2 Quadra 605 still as they Stack.

The 605 definitely worked with the 2.6.28 stuff, and they are just a resistor different to the 475 on the motherboard.

--
Michael Tomkins
michft@gmail.com