Re: The future of an SCC that has been given up on

Ingo,
Not many of us left I fear.

*sigh* Well, yes... sort of, maybe... ;-/
I'm not volunteering anybody :-)
Some time ago (last year or so?) I converted vivaldi and arrakis to use the
newer kernels. Maybe I should do some upgrade again, but basically these
machines are running for some time now without doing actual work as a
buildd. Someone[tm] would need to take care of them as buildd admin and do
some changes to use the proper repository first.
Rebuild the chroot systems from scratch based on Thorsten's current repository, I'd guess. I've lost my notes on how to use debootstrap to install a chroot long ago. Maybe there's something useful in the buildd/sbuild docs these days.
Vivaldi is still up and running and can be used as a buildd, while arrakis
just crashed 10 days ago and has now some issues with fscking the rootfs. I
need to instruct my parents to boot into rescue system and fsck the
filesystem manually or restore the backup. But apart from that it could be
used as well.
Yuck - that sounds bad. But sometimes you can end up with very little actual damage after a session of keeping the 'y' key pressed for as long as it takes to complete a manual fsck. Might be worth a try.
(There was/is still another issue with ssh'ing into the machines, but I
think that's solveable once someone is willing to do the buildd grunt
work...)

That, and sorting out mail incoming and outgoing I guess. That's what had me stumped last time I ran an autobuilder on the home DSL.

OK, now who _would_ be willing to operate an autobuild service on an ARAnyM instance or real hardware, with mail incoming and outgoing set up, and handle inspecting the build logs and package signing (a lot of which can and should be automated)? Best to start from ARAnyM I'd think.

Who could host an initial build database to get us started? I am aware build database migration is painful but having a separate one that we can feed with a subset of likely buildable packages would help IMHO.

Cheers,