Lots of links and updates: new tarballs!

Hi,

https://wiki.debian.org/M68k/Installing got lots of links to new
tarballs and (for Finn Thain) an ext2fs image of an installed
Debian/m68k system. I didn’t make a new ARAnyM HDD yet, though.

I put a list of the “top GCC bugs hitting us” on the page at
https://wiki.debian.org/M68k/Status as well and updated some
other information there.

Ingo wrote on https://wiki.debian.org/M68k/Autobuilder about
sbuild setup and copied Wouter’s buildd instructions, mostly.
I added ara5, which I’ll try to set up (actually prototyping
buildd on btrfs, which AFAIHH no other Debian buildd uses…
we’ll see how well *that* will work)…

I guess lots on information in the Wiki is still outdated.
Volunteers to review it, be our guests ;-)

Also, hardware-specific information, like “how do I get my
Amiga/Atari/ARAnyM/Macintosh to do $foo” or “what graphics
adapters and video modes currently work with Linux and/or
X11” and which network and disc adapters are supported is
more than welcome.

(Apparently, currently no Atari video mode is supported by
the fbdev x.org driver because they’re interleaved or using
planes, although Thomas Goirand says they also have a linear
(which would work) framebuffer “truecolour” (16-bit colour)
mode which used to work, even though very slowly. XFree86®
from woody? potato? is still installabel, but I lacked a
working ModeLine to get that working; tightvncserver works,
vnc4server is also installable. ARAnyM NatFeat work but the
EtherNEC and EtherNAT drivers are still not in the stock
Linux kernel and thus no candidate for inclusion in the Debian
Linux kernel, and the Amiga SCSI adapters seem to be misplaced
as well.)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
I want one of these. They cost 720 € though… good they don’t have the HD hole,
which indicates 3½″ floppies with double capacity… still. A tad too much, atm.