Re: [buildd] Action plan to get buildds getting online again

Ingo Jürgensmann dixit:

> what needs to get built next.

Another nice thing you can do is:

• install mksh
• go to https://www.mirbsd.org/cvs.cgi/contrib/hosted/tg/assockit.ksh
  download the latest version of that library
• go to https://www.mirbsd.org/cvs.cgi/contrib/hosted/tg/deb/quinn-ls.sh
  download the latest version of that program
• put these into the same directory (or have the former in $PATH)
• run the latter with the -l option

It will scan the list of locally installed packages, call rmadison
on them (except a few blacklisted ones where we *know* they’re not
in Debian “proper”), compare versions and display them.

Except for
• local packages (like wtf-debian-keyring),
• packages where rmadison has an older version than what’s currently
  in sid (since the move to UDD, rmadison seems to lag behind 24 hours),
• packages in unreleased (since rmadison looks at unstable only),
• packages which, or whose B-D are, currently building,
I’ve got only green ones after the last “dselect update; apt-get
--purge dist-upgrade” followed by a dselect run to kill obsolete
stuff like liblzma2 and any linux-image that are not 3.2.0-4 ABI
and libkpathsea5 and so on, and “apt-get --purge autoremove”.

Without -l, quinn-ls.sh will scan $(find . -name \*.dsc -o -name
\*.changes) for source packages and compare those.

I tried quinn-diff before writing this script from scratch, but
with only ~20% built, its output is unsuitable, especially as it
doesn’t even begin to help categorise packages by importance… so
quinn-ls.sh was born, first for repos, later for -l(ocal).

bye,
//mirabilos, currently pretty pissed at Debian (not Debian-Ports)
--
> Hi, does anyone sell openbsd stickers by themselves and not packaged
> with other products?
No, the only way I've seen them sold is for $40 with a free OpenBSD CD.
	-- Haroon Khalid and Steve Shockley in gmane.os.openbsd.misc