Re: Needs-Build: 4833

Ingo Jürgensmann dixit:

> On 2012-11-13 06:08, Finn Thain wrote:

>> For those packages that behave anomalously under emulation, and their
>> dependencies, it may be useful to run all the test suites on real
>> hardware.

It’s not just about testsuites. I’ve got no skills in parallel
programming, but some of the things “seem” to behave like this:
thread 1 waits for thread 2 to exit, a lock to release, or something,
and thread 2 doesn’t even get enough CPU share to do that.

The things don’t even build. Read the Qt thread.

> elgar:~/temp# apt-get build-dep aptitude

aptitude is a monstrum. Besides, you don’t really need it.

> build-essential : Depends: libc6-dev but it is not going to be installed or
>                            libc-dev

Hm. You should normally use a chroot made with --variant=buildd
for compiling, in which build-essential is already installed.

> g++ : Depends: cpp (>= 4:4.6.3-7) but it is not going to be installed
>       Depends: gcc (>= 4:4.6.3-7) but it is not going to be installed
>       Depends: g++-4.6 (>= 4.4.7-1~) but it is not installable
>       Depends: gcc-4.6 (>= 4.4.7-1~) but it is not installable

Do you have “unreleased” in your sources.list?

> How to proceed? Get a tarball of a chroot from Torsten and try to work on that?

It’s Th̲orsten, and, sure, you can do that. They are linked from the Wiki.

> We might have 3 real 060 machines available, which could be helpful in building
> packages.

Decent, yeah.

bye,
//mirabilos, who’s happy that other people seem to wake up now ☺
--
<Natureshadow> Dann mach ich git annex copy --to shore und fertig ist das
<Natureshadow> das ist ja viel cooler als ownCloud ...