Re: About gcc builtin atomics

Mikael Pettersson dixit:

>Many things are indeed failing in the test suite on m68k.  What you
>should do is to make two full bootstraps and regression test runs,
>first with a baseline version (I use FSF vanilla, you might want to
>use Debian's common gcc without your patch), and then with the
>baseline plus your patch.  Then you 'diff' the test suite summary
>files from the two runs and analyze any new failures.

Sorry, I really do not have the time or energy for that.

>Build logs aren't interesting unless they show build failures.
>Proper test suite results are produced as follows:
[…]

Hrm.

I wanted to say something witty about the Debian build process
running the testsuite and displaying its output, but apparently
that isn’t done on m68k. Huh.

>0. prep sources, mkdir objdir, cd objdir, /path/to/source/configure ...
>   as usual for any gcc build
>1. make bootstrap
>2. make -k check (don't forget the -k!)
>3. make mail-report.log

This is really too much manual effort (especially considering
the build chroot is thrown away after the package build), I fear.
(Especially with the wheezy freeze nearing.)

But maybe someone else is willing to do that with:
http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian/pool-m68k/main/g/gcc-4.6/gcc-4.6_4.6.3-7+m68k.2.dsc
(the diff against 4.6.3-7 is what I’ll rebase against -8 and
submit to doko, no further changes needed, so just use that)

>gcc, perhaps Debian has its own place for posting test suite
>results?)

No, only for build logs, and tests are usually run during build.

>and with two patches to reduce 'genattrtab' overheads; with all

Huh interesting. I noticed genattrtab taking half a day or so,
instead of half an hour or so, from 4.4 on.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
FWIW, I'm quite impressed with mksh interactively. I thought it was much
*much* more bare bones. But it turns out it beats the living hell out of