About gcc builtin atomics

Hi,

I was just randomly wondering whether it might still be possible
to add __sync_* support to gcc-4.6 – earlier I’ve had a look at
the relevant commits, and they depend on deep changes to the
machine-independent code so that’s a no-go.

I was wondering whether just adding one file from gcc-4.7 to the
build and hooking it up in t-linux would work, considering gcc
already emits externs for __sync_*_4() if it encounters use of
such builtins in the code, because recently, I’ve taken some of
that file and just added it “inline” to the one file using one
of those functions, and it worked.

svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk/libgcc/config/m68k/linux-atomic.c
is the file I was talking about.

Mikael, can that work, just adding those functions to (the static,
as they’re HIDDEN) libgcc, without patching gcc itself, in 4.6?

Thanks in advance,
//mirabilos
--
Sometimes they [people] care too much: pretty printers [and syntax highligh-
ting, d.A.] mechanically produce pretty output that accentuates irrelevant