Re: Amiga A3000 booting latest kernel

Am 03.06.2012 um 22:06 schrieb Thorsten Glaser:

>> amiboot-5.6 -k vmlinux-3.2.0-2-amiga "root=/dev/sda4 video=pal-lace devtmpfs.mount=1"
>                      ^
> Is it possible that Ingo decompressed the kernel image before
> booting it, while you’re trying to do that in-place?

True, that's a boring task I always do by hand since, uhm, amiboot failed to load the plain kernel somewhen ages ago...

>> I would upgrade my machine to something subequent to etch - but don't
>> know how to do so via network, and I'm not debian literate too boot.
> I’m fairly certain trying to upgrade from etch-m68k to sid in anything
> other than a, no scratch that, even a minimal chroot would involve
> Greater Debian Hackery Skills.

True, true... I still have Spice (A3000/040) here that I have to migrate as I did with Vivaldi and Arrakis (two of my other Amigas).

--
Ciao...            //      Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo       \X/       http://blog.windfluechter.net

gpg pubkey:  http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.asc