Re: The future of an SCC that has been given up on

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Thorsten Glaser <tg@mirbsd.de> wrote:
>>Creating a sub-list of important stuff that is holding back major portions would
>>be preferred (IIRC Stephen did use to provide that).
>
> Right now, that’s one thing: X.org (and subsequently, the whole shit
> fd.org/gnome stack). I’ve done everything else keeping us back manually.

What's the (build) problem with X.org?

Apart from that, upstream probably no longer has working support for Atari and
Amiga frame buffers using (interleaved) bitplanes.

>>I've just pushed out my 3.4 patches to linux-m68k. The EtherNAT patches should
>>apply to 3.2 with a minimum of work. The obsolete old EtherNEC one likewise -
>
> Are you willing to maintain them inside Debian’s 3.2 as well, which
> includes tests on the hardware? If so, contact the kernel team. They
> do accept patches, but usually only if they’re already in Linus’ tree
> in some form.

Getting them in Linus' tree is (slowly) being worked on.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds