Re: MiNT cross-compiler

Vincent Rivi�re dixit:

>> I�ve found your patches, which seem to have been rebased against current
>> versions of GCC and binutils.
>
> Yes, I upgrade them when new official versions are available.

I’ve taken your gcc-4.6.2-mint-20111028 patch and applied most
of it to my patched (for m68k) variant of the gcc-4.6 source
package now, and filed a wishlist bug against gcc-4.6 to enable
cross-building to non-Debian architectures (alternatively, I
will hack it to accept mint-m68k as Debian architecture, which
is what Debian GNU/MiNT uses).

I’ve changed your patch a little:

• all: whitespace cleaned
• config.guess: not applied, we don’t use that, and it’s bogus anyway
• configure: not applied, we run autoconf during build
• gcc/config/m68k/m68k.h: not applied, because we patched everything
  away from __M68881__ to __HAVE_68881__ (including the shipped ffi),
  but see below
• gcc/config/m68k/math-68881.h: used a different patch
• gcc/config/m68k/mint.h: defines __M68881__ now, for FreeMiNT only
• gcc/df-problems.c: not applied as we have it already in the package
• gcc/version.c: not applied, not needed in Debian
• libdecnumber/decNumberLocal.h, libiberty/hex.c, libiberty/safe-ctype.c:
  applied slightly differently, to look better
• libssp/ssp.c: slightly more nice patch

The patch has been tested by building a cross-compiler from Debian/amd64
to Debian/m68k, but not with/on FreeMiNT or natively yet. (Native Linux
will come next time, and MiNT needs first to have the binutils patch
applied and the cross-compilation target magic issue solved.)

I have copyright assignment papers with the FSF standing, so once you
and Guido get yours accepted, you can take my stuff with no fuss if you
want.

I’m currently a bit slow-going with all this, but I hope that’s okay.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."