Re: ARAnyM base image and /var/cache/pbuilder/base.cow tarball

Dixi quod…

>Finn Thain dixit:

>>Maybe ext4 on m68k is meant to be byte swapped on disk? I decided that
>
>Well of course it is, as ext2fs is a native-endian filesystem.

>TTBOMK.

Heh. You made me curious. After finding the text oltsf+uodn on the
disc, I searched, and apparently, this has not been true since about
Linux 2.1.something (the time when I was involved with Linux was at
about 2.0.33-36, so I obviously missed the change, being busy with
BSD and all that).

>>That's what I thought at first. Then I figured that it was an Aranym
>>optimisation (i.e. the aranym disk image format is big-endian to save
>>work).

This appears to be true, oltsf+uodn → lost+found then.

You never stop learning apparently…

bye,
//mirabilos
--
“It is inappropriate to require that a time represented as
 seconds since the Epoch precisely represent the number of