Re: multilib

schmitz dixit:

> has hwcap evolved to the point where it does no longer require directory
> lookups of O(n!)? The thread you gave seems to die down at around that point in
> the discussion. Has a dependency model for hwcaps been implemented?

I have no idea, all I know about hwcaps is back from when one
needed to write something there in a Xen domU. But the concept
looked interesting, which is why I thought to ask the porters ;)

> How many capabilities would we need to map existing hardware?

That depends on what different (optimised, or incompatible)
library versions you {want,absolutely must have} lying around…

I don’t have a strong opinion either way. It adds complexity,
but may be worth it in some cases (like OpenSSL really benefits
from -march=v8 on sparc if it’s known you don’t have a v7 CPU).
It also might (question to the porters, again) help with the
m68k/coldfire dual port. Or maybe not, in which case it still
was better to ask than not…

bye,
//mira“https://www.mirbsd.org/jupp.htm#r3_1j15”bilos
--
FWIW, I'm quite impressed with mksh interactively. I thought it was much
*much* more bare bones. But it turns out it beats the living hell out of