Re: gcc-4.6

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> Also, did anyone _test_ it, beyond what a bootstrap does?

A year ago I used the 4.6 branch in the form of a cross compiler (C and
C++, no GCJ). I didn't bootstrap it and I didn't test it much.

Seems to me that if some portion of the archive can't be built and if
switching compilers won't significantly reduce that portion, then that
time and effort may be better spent on other issues.

IMHO changing the default compiler should be deferred until gcc 4.4
becomes a problem.

Finn