Re: PMU, was Re: d-i built (but not tested)

On Sat, 13 Aug 2011, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 09:15:39PM -0700, Brad Boyer wrote:
> > >
> > > So the solution would be to load the PMU driver earlier?
> >
> > That might be the issue. I'm surprised it's not loaded earlier than
> > the step where it failed.
>
> If it's not compiled in

It is present in your kernel binary (and indeed can't be built as a
module) but it is buggy.

The PMU driver is started by adb_init() which is a device_initcall, but
this happens too late. I worked around the problem successfully by making
it an arch_initcall instead.

Finn