Re: Release Party Time ;-)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011, Michael Tomkins wrote:

> To install I downloaded
> http://people.debian.org/~tg/f/m68k/base.cow-m68k-20110204.txz converted to
> .tgz on another computer, scp to Mac and tar -zxvf (original mac 2.6.21 system
> on /dev/sda7 did not have xz)

tar -px is probably obligatory here. Converting xz to gz should mean the
tar blocks themselves are not altered in any way...

> Any help? /var/log/dmesg stops before the above info, but is available here
> http://mich431.net/mac-dmesg.gz there are no other readable logs.

dmesg output says that you have devtmpfs in your kernel, which means you
don't need to populate /dev manually, you need only mount the devtmpfs
pseudo filesystem... having said that, I'd be interested to hear whether
or not the Real Time Clock works.

In general Quadra 650 drivers should be OK, though that kernel is not
recent enough for mac serial console support.

Finn