status report (intermediate)

• elfutils (manually built; pending patching, but can rebuild for unreleased)
• built 103 binary packages for uploading to unstable
• built 30 binary packages for uploading to unreleased, with source as usual
• sent patches via BTS, and some via private mail (db4.7, db4.8, libidn, as
  I have packages already but their next upload could be used as-is then)
• sent no patch (to disable java) to gcc-defaults, I don’t know if they want
  it and the next gcc-defaults was already uploaded to experimental, depen-
  ding on gcc-4.5, I just *pray* that I can finish this before that then…

Another number of packages (python2.6 is currently eating up cpu time in
the testsuite, and a fair number of others are building) will add to the
numbers soonish. Just to keep you informed. I’ve had a major headache
since Tuesday, (just after getting over that tooth issue, grml…) so I’ve
done less the last days but keep going forward quite successfully.

I’ll have a look at util-linux again soonish, and quite possibly gcc
without fixing 46179 (both to fix 37053 to get jpeg built, and to have
a gcc built from cowbuilder).

In the above, dirty means built on the system with the sysroot unpak-
ked, whereas manually built means on the system fully from *.deb but
not with cowbuilder. Everything else is built in a clean cowbuilder,
including doing binNMUs for packages I had built outside, to get the
cowbulder/debootstrap working at all, beforehand already.

At the moment, gettext is a showstopper for dpkg, which needs to be
rebuilt before apt. I will not tackle aptitude at all but, for sake
of cowbuilder --create with default settings, have included enough
packages to get an older version (than the one currently in sid)
installable, and pbuilder-satisfydepends-aptitude appears to work.
I’ve already asked the gettext maintainer how to build without Java
and am collecting dependencies, mostly git (hoping it can be built
with Subversion 1.5 because I can’t get b-d for svn 1.6 together).

Anyway, python2.6 should be done soon, so we get a good number more
build deps working. The kernel should be done (into *.deb) on Friday
or Saturday, we’re testing it on Ingo’s Amigas and my ARAnyM boxen.

bye,
//mirabilos
existence.		-- Coywolf Qi Hunt