Re: gcc bug?

Finn Thain dixit:

>Well, I didn't find anything messed up. So I built the gcc-4.5-20101021
>snapshot and, sure enough, same problem.

Ouch, okay. Thanks for all the assistance, nevertheless. I’m feeling a
bit bad sometimes for not coding, only compiling… but getting the pak-
kages into the right order and hunting, in some cases, dependencies is
also quite… fulfilling ☺ plus it appears I’m now a linux-2.6 contribu-
tor ☻

>The gcc bugzilla seems to be having issues at the moment, so I've uploaded

For me, reloading (Lynx: z x) until the page comes usually works, the
entire gcc.gnu.org webserver has issues…

>BTW, this can be worked around by by disabling optimisation (in case
>util-linux is holding up things).

Beat me, hit me, etc. but I’m putting this as /usr/bin/gcc-4.4 and,
with s/gcc/g++/ as g++-4.4, in a clean cowbuilder shell:

#!/bin/sh
gcc-4.4-real "$@" >/tmp/g1.$$ 2>/tmp/g2.$$ || {
        echo >&2 gcc-4.4: retrying with -O0
        exec gcc-4.4-real "$@" -O0
        exit 255
}
cat /tmp/g1.$$
cat /tmp/g2.$$ >&2
rm -f /tmp/g1.$$ /tmp/g2.$$
exit 0

The original binaries are /usr/bin/g{cc,++}-4.4-real obviously.
Ok now that I’ve been beaten, let’s see whether this works…

bye,
//mira“creative”bilos
existence.		-- Coywolf Qi Hunt