Re: gcc 4.5 and TLS

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 23:33, Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org> wrote:
> Richard Zidlicky <rz@linux-m68k.org> writes:
>
>> why does not a simple "__attribute__ ((aligned (4)))" work?
>
> It does, more or less.  I still get unexplained deadlocks and failures
> in some test cases.

Probably you know this, but it may also depend on your version of gcc.

At work, we had issues with this on Cell (which needs 16-byte
alignment for vectors on SPU) as well.
Some versions of spu-gcc don't honor the alignment attribute for
automatic variables.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds