Re: Re: new coldfire computer

Hi,

Harald Geyer <harald@lefant.net> wrote:

> To summarize this:
> We have somebody who is willing to provide hardware, power and uplink.
> We also have people volunteering als local admins.

Harald is right. We already discussed this issue some months ago, and we are willing to support Debian as far as possible, to get it up and running at our computers natively. We already managed to produce binaries which are executable at CF and 68030+ . So I expect this is also to be possible with Debian, even if GCC poses a chellenge in this point.
As soon as our hardware is availaible for developers (around 6 to 10 weeks) we could do such a setup with a locale admin. Maybe this could for M68k, also lead to a path for decreasing the number of needed machines from recently ~12 to be up to date?

Our team would love to see Debian running completely natively at our 266MHz machines. If we can support you in other ways, please contact us.

Mathias
http://acp.atari.org

P.S. our hardware is mainly based on the activity of the Open Source MiNT community. Even our hardware schema is online and downloadable for months now.