Re: new coldfire computer

Hi!

"Christian T. Steigies" <cts@debian.org> wrote:
> This atari clone is supposed to work with Linux (m68k?):
>
> http://acp.atari.org/news.html
>
> Could that be the solution to our hardware problems? Not that I want to
> invest another 1kEUR into "new" hardware... but maybe somebody else does?

Actually there is no need for debian to invest any money...
I'm in contact with somebody from ACP (on CC) and these folks actually
are interested in providing Debian (or whoever wants to work on
Linux on coldfire) ssh access to one of their boards.

However:
When looking into that we found the debian-coldfire project:
https://alioth.debian.org/mail/?group_id=30876
The general impression was, that nobody is interested in that approach
because it requires some nontrivial work.

OTOH the AHCC (http://ahcc.atari.org) claims that it can generate binary
code that runs on 68020, 68030, 68040, 68060 AND coldfire, thus this idea
still looks like a viable way forward.

To summarize this:
We have somebody who is willing to provide hardware, power and uplink.
We also have people volunteering als local admins.
But it looks like we don't have anybody doing the actual porting effort.

Should there be any interest in having the ACP hardware online, please
contact me or wittau@gmx.net (on CC).

Harald