Re: g++-4.4 failings

fthain@telegraphics.com.au dixit:

>You said on launchpad, "libgfortran cannot be built multilib because one
>of the system includes contains inline assembly that is invalid with
>-mfidoa"
>
>Which makes me wonder whether you are referring to etch system includes?

No, etch has libc 2.3, I have libc 2.5. But I think the issues
are similar.

>If so, since you don't need fortran to build sid libc, perhaps avoid
>building that language until you have sid system includes.

No, different thing. With multilib, it actually builds five variants
of the libraries, one for each multiarch (-m68040 -m68080 -mfidoa and
-mcpu32). I don’t think we need these, right now anyway. There were
talks to do multiarchi between m68k and coldfire, though.

>When I cross-compiled sid gcc-4.4, I had to remove debian's
>"multiarch-include" patch. I'm not sure whether this relates to your
>problem. SH4 had some issues with it too:

Yes, I solved it differently, see the debdiff.

>BTW, if it is still there, debian's "m68k-allow-gnu99" patch should be
>removed before it causes problems.

No. That one can only be removed once eglibc is in unstable, not
before that. (At least from reading the patch comments.)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
FWIW, I'm quite impressed with mksh interactively. I thought it was much
*much* more bare bones. But it turns out it beats the living hell out of