Re: gcc 4.5 and TLS

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 01:01:38PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> > Well, motivation is somewhat lower after not being an official part of
> > Debian anymore, but I still like m68k and would keep my machines running.
> I could revive some hosts, too, though it would involve some work.
> But the point is not machines; if they are set up, in general they will
> keep running (module age issues). The point is how much time we're
> willing to put in. I'm still interested in getting this hybrid ColdFire
> thing working, but not if I end up being the only one to work on it
> again. I'd also need to get a fairly up-to-date environment to work on
> my coldfire board.
[...]
> Also, adding more computing power is, in general, just a scalability
> issue. Adding more manpower is something else.

Well, basically adding more manpower is just the same scalability issue as
machines, but with a way, way limited resource named manpower. ;-)

But yes, I basically agree. My point was, though, to invest the manpower
where it makes more sense, not in trying to solve bugs in packages that are
not going to be used at all.

A small set of core packages and a set of "other" packages, which can be built on
a best effort base, would make sense to me.

Getting a multiarch approach of m68k/coldfire would be nice, indeed, but
IIRC there were some problems with that?

--
Ciao...            //      Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo       \X/       http://blog.windfluechter.net

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.asc