gcc 4.5 and TLS

Hi all,

GCC 4.5 was released not so long ago, and one of the new features listed
on its changes page[1] is TLS support for m68k/ColdFire.

Does anyone know what the status of this support is in libc? If so,
could we look into re-bootstrapping the port and starting to build
up-to-date packages again?

Or have we collectively lost interest and should we just let it die?

[1] http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.5/changes.html

trying to fool the system.