Re: ARAnyM built packages, and helping buildds along

Stephen R Marenka dixit:

>I'm slowly working on an etch-based sid chroot. I just synced my packages
>out to [0]. binutils_2.20-6 is there. That was one of the easy ones. :-)

Ah okay, thanks.

>I'm not inclined to upload these directly to sid, since they were built in
>a seriously tainted chroot and I had to do some odd things to some of them.
>That said, I think they're fine for bootstrapping other packages.

I’m building a more clean gcc-4.3_4.3.4-10+m68k right now; my
build of gcc-4.3_4.3.4-8+m68k was aborted due to a kernel crash,
but I continued it and managed to install the .deb files and use
it. While not a cowbuilder, the aranym instance I use is probably
less “tainted” than some developers’ regular machines, so the
packages I build *should* be fine.

After being done, I plan on getting cowbuilder to work for me.
Maybe gcc-4.4 later? Or do you already work on it?

[ cross-compiling ]
>Seriously painful.

Mh. IMHO it’s only for bootstrapping.

I wonder though: is there SOME way for “us” to upload a package,
say, locales_2.5-11_all, to unreleased and have apt use it in
favour of locales_2.10-*_all from unstable? Maybe have the lat-
ter excluded from the binary-m68k/Packages file in debian-ports?
This would help the process (to get builds working again, even
if it’s a bit hackish for now) along somewhat more. I’m relati-
vely new to this (DD since this year), so please excuse my not
knowing.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
FWIW, I'm quite impressed with mksh interactively. I thought it was much
*much* more bare bones. But it turns out it beats the living hell out of