Re: Where can I get 68K etch?

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009, Clark Martin wrote:

> I'm interested in installing Etch on a Mac 68K machine.  I've seen that Etch
> 68K isn't officially supported but the related comments are that it exists.
> Where can it be downloaded, either from a net install or CDs?

I think I used a daily build from Stephen when I installed etch-m68k 6
months ago -- I don't know of any other ISO images. So I'd try this CD
image,

http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/d-i/m68k/cds/daily/

You'll need some kernel arguments:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.ports.68k/8741

If that doesn't work, there's another way to install etch-m68k which is to
debootstrap an NFS root filesystem (and copy it). I wrote up the steps I
used for this if you are interested.

BTW, what model of Mac do you have? How much RAM?

Finn