Re: Linux/m68k on Atari

Le Wed, 01 Apr 2009 09:32:23 +0200 (CEST)
Michael Schmitz <schmitz@biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de> a _crit:

> > With the coming soon CTPCI (PCI expansion board for Atari Falcon+CT60),
> > I decided to give Linux/m68k a try.
> >
> > Unfortunately, no kernels I tried on the CT60 seem to work, I just get
> > a black screen, and then reboot after a few seconds (for the atari
> > flavour of m68k kernels).
> >
> > The one I tried is:
> > http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/d-i/m68k/images/daily/kernels/vmlinuz-2.6.26-1-atari
> > with the bootstrap program from:
> > http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/d-i/m68k/images/daily/tools/atari/
>
> While I probably haven't tested that particular one, I am fairly certain that
> Stephens kernels did work.
>
> The bootstrap should be renamed to ataboot.tos - I had weird errors when running

OK, I tried with video=atafb:sthigh and I also boot it from an empty
state (i.e. booting Falcon with Control key pressed), and it managed to
start this time. I did not remember it was so loooong to boot it.

One thing I notice: the clock time jumps somewhere from
[0] PID hash table entries...
[42949372.97] Console: colour dummy device 80x25
in kernel log

I also remember now that all PCI stuff was disabled for m68k arch in kernel.
Would it be hard to get it back?

--
Patrice Mandin
WWW: http://pmandin.atari.org/