[rt.debian.org #1132] future of crest and kullervo

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, Stephen R Marenka wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 11:50:43AM +0100, Peter Palfrader wrote:
>
> > We can still export parts of ud-ldap (i.e. accounts and ssh keys, no
> > passwords) to you, so you can keep it maintainer accessible, but DSA
> > will not maintain an m68k project machine anymore.
>
> So what do we need to do to get those parts of ud-ldap setup?

Probably the stuff that needs to happen is
- coordinate with/get ok of local-admin/sponsor,
- get new hostnames, most likely the best choice are kullervo.debian.net
  and crest.debian.net, so some DD needs to register those in ldap,
- make sure you can access the system and root without any debian
  ldap/unix and sudo password,
- tell DSA to switch over the ud-generate config for both hosts
  to something like we do for alioth,
  i.e. the accounts will still all exist but we will no longer
  export passwords.
  alioth merges the data somehow, I suppose you could just
  continue using libnss-db until you need to change stuff.
- clean up the hosts to not send mail to debian-admin etc,
- remove debian-admin's privileged access (sudo and ssh to root)
- announce to -68k and -project