Re: Installation

Hi,

> > Correct, there is no stable on archive. You should try woody or sarge by
> > name instead of stable.
>
> Problem is it doesn't matter what I enter, it adds /stable and so on anyway.
> I don't enter that, it's the installer that adds it. I need to find the
> config file that base-config reads from so I can edit that.

AFAIK the base system has ae as editor, so just opening /etc/apt/sources.list
and replacing stable by woody might do it. IIRC you should be able to do that
from the installer (text console on screen 2) before you reboot. It's
/target/etc/apt/sources.list there.

Pointing the installer at a http proxy you control might be another way
(swapping stable for woody there by some rewrite trick).

> > I think non-US died with etch. In any case, it's also on archive.
>
> Installing is no problem, with the old boot-floppies and so. I just don't
> know how to enter details in sources.list so apt-get and tasksel can get
> the packagelists.

Just exchange 'stable' by 'woody' in the file created by the installer.

> Though, I'd like to know how to start the debian-installer from the amiga
> side and I'll have a go with sarge instead. I honestly don't know how I'm
> supposed to do that.

The etch-m68k installer has provisions for HD-based install ('nativehd' IIRC)-
you will have to copy all the files in the nativehd directory on the CD or the
mirror site onto your AmogaOS disk. There should be a script together with the
corresponding icon file to start the install process.