Re: Installation

Hello Stephen

On 02-Feb-09, you wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 01:47:09PM +0100, Thomas Sjölin wrote:
>> Hello Stephen
>>
>> On 01-Feb-09, you wrote:
>>
>>> Since I've had a go at NetBSD in between I had removed my previous
>>> woody installation and now that I tried to install it again I found
>>> that I couldn't get any packages through netinstall.
>>>
>>> Well woody has certainly been migrated to http://archive.debian.org/.
>>
>> So far so good but it seems like I can't get it quite right.
>>
>> When running base-config I enter the domain and path but it still adds
>> /stable.... so it doesn't find any packages. What file holds that
>> information so I can edit that?
>
> Correct, there is no stable on archive. You should try woody or sarge by
> name instead of stable.

Problem is it doesn't matter what I enter, it adds /stable and so on anyway.
I don't enter that, it's the installer that adds it. I need to find the
config file that base-config reads from so I can edit that.

>> Also, manually editing sources.list didn't quite do the trick either.
>> Don't know quite how to enter the information correctly so apt-get finds
>> the files it needs.
>>
>> Any hints are appreciated!
>
> I believe woody used boot-floppies and I'm trying hard *not* to remember
> how boot-floppies worked. ;)
>
> The sarge installer was debian-installer--based, which means you should be
> able to point at a random mirror.
>
> I think non-US died with etch. In any case, it's also on archive.

Installing is no problem, with the old boot-floppies and so. I just don't
know how to enter details in sources.list so apt-get and tasksel can get
the packagelists.

Though, I'd like to know how to start the debian-installer from the amiga
side and I'll have a go with sarge instead. I honestly don't know how I'm
supposed to do that.

Thomas

Regards