Re: Replacing stuff on d-i initrd

Hi Stephen,

> > It sounds like vivaldi came back up successfully, so I'm going to update it
> > and try to re-build perl when I get time. Other than that, I've no idea
> > what I'm doing. ;)
>
> kullervo narrowly failed to build perl (hires timer and network stuff again).
> >
> > If you're game, feel free to point hobbes and perl and see if you can get
> > it working. (It built fine, but perl-base dies horribly on installation.)
>
> OK; will make a good test for my 2.6.28 kernel if nothing else.

hobbes failed to build perl again (locked up in the socket IO test; that looks
like a signal timing issue). Rerunning the test on either a 2.4 or 2.6 kernel
did not repeat the failure.

Running the full perl testsuite in 2.6 crashed my Falcon with SCSI errors :-(

I'll beat on it some more, but kullervo already had a 2.6 kernel for a long
time, so there's not much to be hoped for?

Cheers,