Re: kullervo up again

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 08:39:15PM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> > The reasons for it's downtime are unclear except that it didn't find its
> > boot disk anymore. Anyway, it's back! :)
> Well, sometimes it takes a bit of shaking things up to get it back to working
> state - but we should perhaps look into booting off a different disk. I know
> Christian tried - are there known issues with large disks and booting that
> you're aware of?

Yes, most AmigaOS versions (Kickstart) are not aware of partitions beyond
the 4 GB barrier. As long as the boot partition stays within the first 4 GB,
everything should work fine.
But I think it would be more safe to use a small 1-4 GB disk for that
purpose.
Anyway, we've made a diskimage backup of the AmigaOS partition as well...

--
Ciao...            //      Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo       \X/       http://blog.windfluechter.net

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.asc