Re: Aranym Slirp driver

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> My host has in /etc/network/interfaces:
>
>     auto tap0
>     iface tap0 inet static
> 	    address 192.168.3.133
> 	    netmask 255.255.255.252
> 	    tunctl_user geert
> 	    uml_proxy_arp 192.168.3.134
> 	    uml_proxy_ether eth0
>
> However, when trying to connect to the ARanyM guest, I get:
> | ssh: connect to host atari port 22: No route to host
>
> Until I do
>
>     ifdown tap0
>     ifup tap0
>
> and after that it works fine, until I reboot my host.
>
> Anyone who has a clue?

Not sure about the clue, but I have a simila issue.  I have configured
aranym's tap0 to join a bridge interface br0, however, unlike with all my
qemu instances, with the aranym interface I have to run "brctl addif br0
tap0" manually after starting aranym to get it to join, it does not do it
automatically..

-- kolla