Re: Fwd: newb question : list of elligible computers to debian-68k

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008, Brian Morris wrote:

> [...]

'040 FPU emulation works, but some 68LC040 chips have a bug that screws it
up (but rumour has it that you have to use swap to encounter the problem).

The problem is, we don't have a conclusive test for the presence or
absence of the CPU bug.

> Unless you want to recompile the whole system.

Yes, you can avoid in-kernel FPU emulation (and the CPU bug) by using
soft-float, but that means rebuilding every binary containing FPU
instructions order to get rid of those instructions.

Finn