Re: [SPAM] Re: kernel

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > Okay, my patches against linux-2.6_2.6.25-5 are at
> > <http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/aranym-patches/>
> >
> > m68k-atari-ide-bug.diff: causes hda1 to die horribly, so I guess
> > I didn't quite port something correctly.
>
> Forbidden ...

Same here.

> > m68k-atari-nfconblock.diff: nfcon works fine, setting NF_BLOCK=y in the
> > config causes aranym to die in userland (as referred to earlier in this
> > thread -- could be I've configured nfblock poorly?).
> >
> > m68k-build-id.diff: allows gcc-4.1 and gcc-4.2 to link.
>
> I'll try those on a known-good kernel tree (2.6.23 with Geert's quilt patches
                                                  ^^
Is that correct?

> didn't boot on real hardware but does on Aranym, fwiw).
>
> 2.6.25rc9 vanilla still has the byte ordering problem on IDE, is that what
> your ide bug patch is about?

2.6.25 indeed still needs 141-ide.diff.

2.6.26-rc8 doesn't need it anymore, at least not on ARAnyM.
It would be nice if you could try 2.6.26-rc8 on real hardware, as I use
ARAnyM for most testing these days, except for the casual boot on real
Amiga hardware.

atari_defconfig would be a good one to try, followed by multi_defconfig,
or (for the brave) multi_defconfig modified to have all drivers
built-in.

> Speaking of IDE bug: the IDE lock_release bug is indeed gone for good even
> when testing on real hardware.

Good! I'll add it.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert