Re: Please, testers of hfsprogs are needed

Hi, Michael.

On Jun 03 2008, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> I'll do some non-trivial testing (as in: I have a totally messed up
> HFS+ filesystem that even Apple's repair disk function does not want
> to play with).

I fear that this has a very low probability of working, since this *is*
Apple's repair disk utility, taken from the Darwin sources.

There are newer upstream versions that could be used, though, but the
current patches to hfsprogs have to be updated and this is a time
consuming task that I wish were managed as a team.

In particular, newer versions of diskdev_cmds (that's what Apple calls
it) are available for download from
http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/

Regards, Rogério Brito.