Re: [buildd] Configuring buildds for dports

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 05:04:05PM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> It sounds like we have the missing changes problem sufficiently sorted.
> So Tuesday, September 23, aurel32 will do the sid sync for m68k. I'll
> provide him with a w-b dump.
>
> That means we need to have all the buildds *down* and all the packages
> *installed* before then.
>
> Since needs-build is pretty much 0, it's a pretty good time to start
> shutting down buildds and changing things to point to dports.
>
> So here's a typical configuration of .dupload.conf for ftp-master. The
> debian-devel-m68k-changes list doesn't seem to have been used since
> 2003. I have no idea about mailto. Should we still populate these
> fields?
>
> Old:
>
> $cfg{'ftp-master'} = {
>         fqdn => "ftp-master.debian.org",
>         incoming => "/pub/UploadQueue/",
>         mailto => "debian-changes\@lists.debian.org", # stable
>         mailtx => "debian-devel-m68k-changes\@lists.debian.org", # unstable
>         visibleuser => "spice",
>         visiblename => "spice.buildd.net",
>         fullname => "Debian/m68k buildd",
> 	passive => 1,
>         dinstall_runs => 1,
> };
>
> New:
>
> $cfg{'ftp-master'} = {
>         fqdn => "ftp.debian-ports.org",
>         incoming => "/incoming/",
>         visibleuser => "spice",
>         visiblename => "spice.buildd.net",
>         fullname => "Debian/m68k buildd",
> 	passive => 1,
>         dinstall_runs => 1,
> };
>

> Unstable chroot sources.list:
> There is *no* contrib (bye-bye penguin, the traditional mac bootloader)
> or non-free. Hopefully contrib will be coming in the future.
>
> # m68k binaries from debian-ports or d-ports mirror.
> deb http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian unstable main
>
> # source comes from a normal debian mirror
> deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian unstable main
>
> # binaries are password protected
> #deb     http://user:password@incoming.debian-ports.org/debian unstable main

That will also be /buildd so the full url will be:
#deb http://user:password@incoming.debian-ports.org/buildd unstable main

Could you please give me a list of users, then I'll provide the passwords.

> # binaries are ip protected
> deb http://incoming.debian-ports.org/buildd unstable main

Could you please provide me a list of fixed IP.

> # source is not password protected
> deb http://incoming.debian-ports.org/buildd unstable main
>

> buildd.conf:
>
> $sshcmd = "ssh -lbuildd_m68k debian-ports.org";

Please use buildd.debian-ports.org in case one day the archive is
separated from the wanna-build server. Also if it is possible, please
use ssh sockets to reduce the workload on the server:

$sshcmd = "ssh -l buildd_m68k buildd.debian-ports.org";
$sshsocket = "buildd.debian-ports.org.ssh";

> I might also recommend the following in the chroot apt.conf
>
> APT::Install-Recommends "false";
> Acquire::PDiffs "false";
> debug::pkgproblemresolver true;
>
> It remains to be seen if we still need.
>
> APT::Get::AllowUnauthenticated true;
>
> Also, if any dd would like to run a buildd or many, please let me know.
> I'm feeling pretty loaded atm. :)
>
> What else have I missed?

Looks everything is there.

Cheers,