Re: toolchain problems

And we're over 80% built. You've got to like the velocity on
<http://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph-quarter-big.png>.

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 10:57:29AM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:

> Is somebody taking on the ilmbase binNMU?

Already installed, openexr is now built, so imagemagick is in the queue
(it has about 64 deps).

> gcc
>     * courier_0.59.0-1 error: insn does not satisfy its constraints
>     * gforth_0.6.2-7.3 error: unable to find a register to spill in class
>     * gmfsk_0.6+0.7pre1-2.1 internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
>     * llvm_2.2-7: internal compiler error: in find_reloads, at reload.c:3744
>     * openvrml_0.15.10-9.1 g++: Internal error: Killed (program cc1plus)
>     * osptoolkit_3.4.2-1 internal compiler error: in
>       reload_cse_simplify_operands, at postreload.c:395
>
>     * pie: we've got a number of packages that fail to build because -pie
>       gives a nonrepresentational output. Can that option be a no-op or
>       something on m68k so at least stuff builds without m68k-specific
>       workarounds?

Sounds like Michael's going to try out the binutils patch.

> java: something is causing grief building java, I'm hoping it's ecj, which
> 	is currently building, see charva, csound, icepick, jmagick,
> 	libmatthew-java, sacjava, swt-gtk.

I'm going to give these back, icepick built with the latest ecj.

> fortran: blas, self-test fails, see 478326
>
> python2.5: hangs forever on test_bsddb3.

Hmmmmm. Elgar (our most memory constrained build) managed to build it!

> ghc6: virtual memory exhausted: Cannot allocate memory (I just requeued
> 	this on a buildd with 768 MB RAM and an 800MB swap.)
>
> ruby1.9: semop test error, plus timeout
>

> Looking at blas made me realize that I've somehow totally forgotten
> fortran. Maybe those were weak braincells and they died.
>
> I've got another 48 or so failures to classify.

Then there were 17 to go.

Thanks ya'll!

<stephen@marenka.net>