Re: latest cdimage?

On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 10:01:30PM +0200, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to resurrect my amiga and I am looking for a CD to install off.
> All CDs I have here have some problems, like missing info files, no
> uncompressed or missing kernels or a too small ramdisk_size as boot
> parameter. I just found Stephens daily build, but there is no CD image, do I
> have to download everything and build it myself?

I've been working on building cd's. The results are at
<http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/d-i/cds-m68k/daily/>.

This is just a netinst cd, so it just has debian-installer
and base. I didn't see a point going any farther until that worked.

These haven't been tested because I haven't had time to try them since
the 2.6.24 changes became available. Hopefully I got the missing pieces
in place.

BTW, these are etch-m68k cd's.

> Has anybody tried to install lenny yet? The amiga bootargs use:

We don't have lenny in any form. We have sid and etch-m68k. Mostly I've
been working on using the lenny installer to install etch-m68k.

> ramdisk_size=9000, previously we used 13000, but both seem to be too small,
> even 64000 gave me attempt to access beyond end of device. If this size is
> in kbyte, I can not use much larger values, or would it help to uncompress
> the initrd also?

The amiga string we currently have is this, however it's clearly out of
date.

| amiboot -d -k //kernels/vmlinuz-2.6.24-1-amiga -r //cdrom/initrd.gz
| root=/dev/ram ramdisk_size=9000 debian-installer/framebuffer=false

With the move to initramfs, I believe we don't need to specify
ramdisk_size= at all. I think that's the only change, can anyone
confirm that works for amiga? (It works for atari/aranym.)

I updated <http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/M68kTodo> to reflect
the problems found my Ingo's latest install test. (The good news is he
did manage to get etch-m68k installed, although he didn't use cd.)

Peace,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>