Re: debootstrapping m68k-coldfire

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 09:17:54PM -0500, Michael Casadevall wrote:
> I suspose the question needs to be asked; what are people doing with their
> old m68ks. Most people around here are using them for (obviously enough)
> buildds to attack the unstable queue. I popped over to netbsd, which is
> the only other operating system distro besides Debain and Gentoo to
> support m68k. The mailing list is completely dead looking at the archive,
> and the latest NetBSD releases do not offically support any m68k
> architecture as far as I can tell.

I'll be quite honest about what I use my m68k machines for. They are
all turned off and mostly not even hooked up to anything unless I am
doing development on Linux. I use m68k as an excuse to look at things
like SCSI and ethernet drivers without any pressure to fix something
that people actually use. It's an excuse to mess around with stuff I
wouldn't have a chance to get code accepted on an architecture that
had real users. I don't expect to ever use any of my m68k systems
for any actual work. However, I would be a little disappointed if
there wasn't a distribution I could install and work on a current
kernel tree.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com