Re: FOSDEM thoughts

Hi,

On Tuesday 4. March 2008, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> A hybrid port would just emit two opcodes in such a case, of course.
> This will indeed degrade performance slightly.

The incompabilities are all over the place, we would be basically restricted
to a very basic instruction set and due to the floating point differences it
wouldn't even be compatible with the current ABI. I'm not overly optimistic
that a few optimized libraries would save us, e.g. scripting languages are
already slow enough right now.

bye, Roman