Re: Xorg on m68k

Hi,

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > | Type = bridge
> > | Tunnel = tap0
>
> bridge + tap0 = uml_utilities and no aratapif is necessary.

Here is my setup, which is specific to Debian: First the uml-utilities
package is needed and then I have this entry in /etc/network/interfaces:

iface tap0 inet static
        address 192.168.3.133
        netmask 255.255.255.252
        tunctl_user roman
        uml_proxy_arp 192.168.3.134
        uml_proxy_ether eth0

This creates a mini network within the local network. Then ip_forward in
/etc/sysctl.conf has to be enabled, so that aranym sees the rest of the
network. The aranym config has this:

[ETH0]
Type = ptp
Tunnel = tap0
HostIP = 192.168.3.133
AtariIP = 192.168.3.134
Netmask = 255.255.255.252

IMO aratapif shouldn't be necessary (I use pretty much the same setup with
qemu), but aranym calls it anyway and complains if it fails.

bye, Roman