Re: Problems installing Sarge (Debian 3.1r7) on Amiga 4000T

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 09:47:26AM +0100, Daniele Gratteri wrote:
> > Stephen R Marenka ha scritto:
> > >
> > >Good source, although I don't know when the last time anyone tested
> > >amiga was. :)
> > Eh eh, of course, the source is from you ;-)
>
> :)
>
> > >Was it nativehd, hd-media, or cdrom?
> >
> > cdrom.
> > But the strange issue is, I won't get any display on screen even if I
> > use the initrd from the Sarge CD. Sure, it is much older, but at least
> > when used with the 2.4.27 kernel (Sarge CD) it displays fine, but then
> > the kernel hangs for the SCSI problems.
> >
> > I will have to try the newer kernels on my Amiga 1200 where I managed to
> > do an installation of Sarge, but there I am stuck with no network
> > because if I am right the PCMCIA 3Com 3C589 is not supported :-(
>
> Try adding console=tty to the kernel args?
>
> Hopefully Geert or one of the other amiga guys can help us out here.
>
> Anybody got an amiga you can test with the dailydi images and see if
> they still work? You can bail out at language selection for our purposes
> today. :)

Sorry, I compile my own kernels. But last Sunday 2.6.24 gave video on my
A4000.

What do you mean with `I won't get any display on screen'? Nothing,
black? Do you see the penguin? A cursor?

You have an Amiga 1200, so that's AGA, just like the 4000. What kind of monitor do you have? Do you pass any video mode option?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds