Re: [buildd] needs-build @ 914

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 09:45:02AM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> > Some packages are built quite regularly like bouml, which takes some days to
> > build. We maybe should postpone such sort of packages in order to build
> > packages that weren't built for a long time?
> Does there exist some ranking system to determine build order, based on
>   - Priority field
>   - Historical build time (and other build resources: RAM, swap, disk,)
>   - Reverse dependencies
>   - Overdue time
>   - ???
> ?

Wanna-build is scheduling the packages in a certain manner, priority is one
of these, historical build time, reverse dependencies and overdue time are
not.
I've been in favour of a modern w-b replacement for a long, long time (see
http://www.buildd.net/files/Multibuild-Draft.pdf), but somehow there wasn't
enough interest to finish, although there was already a sbuild replacement
called jbuild...
Anyway, I still find w-b to act suboptimal in such situations we're facing
at the moment...

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij/public_key.asc